The Woodlands, TX
Oil & Gas
I have had the opportunity to work in a number of areas of law including corporate, energy, bankruptcy, employment, contracts and business transactions which has allowed me to hone-in on the details, but not forget the big picture and long term goals of my clients. I started my career as an attorney working in-house and learning the business side first. This allows me to never forget the business side of things when providing legal advice and how legal decisions can have ramifications on many parts of the business, including its most valuable assets – the employees.
I have served as a Corporate Secretary, Chief Compliance Officer and General Counsel of both privately held and publicly traded companies where I helped clients buy and sell companies that transformed both businesses and personal lives while managing business as well as legal teams. Creating value for my clients is pure joy. Some of my deal experience includes:
– The the sale of a $6B subsidiary for a private-equity backed company to a publicly-traded company.
– The purchase of $1B asset for a private-equity backed company from a publicly-traded company.
– The purchase of an $800M asset.
– Multiple deals for less than $100M in various shale basins.
– Prepared prospectus of $250M for foreign stock exchange.
– Negotiated workouts with creditors settling for cents on the dollar for both personal and business debts.
I have worked in multiple oil and gas basins in the Lower 48 and multiple foreign jurisdictions. I am the co-author of Land and Leasing published by the University of Texas Petroleum Extension.
In my spare time I enjoy working with Community Christian Legal Aid, a nonprofit organization I founded in early 2019.
TX State Bar # 24059976
University of OklahomaJ.D. | 2006